The header of any site is its "face", the largest and most noticeable element of the site design. If the site header is made memorable and unique, then the rest of the design elements - fonts, buttons, etc. - may well be taken from any standard scheme, the site design will still reflect its individuality.
And making a header for a website is not at all difficult with the help of a graphic editor, for example, Adobe Photoshop (a free alternative is Gimp, which is popular among Linux supporters).
- First, create a canvas of the appropriate size. The width of the canvas should correspond to the width of the site pages, but the height can be chosen at your discretion. Remember that too narrow a header will not be expressive enough, and too wide will not leave room for meaningful information on the pages.
- Decide on the color scheme for your website design. The hat must match it.
- Fill the background. You can use a solid tone or a gradient. Remember that the background should not be too bright, otherwise the rest of the objects on it will be lost.
- Place some graphic shape that will emphasize the objects located in the center. It can be a piece of a frame that spans one or two sides of the header rectangle. You can compose it from individual small objects related to the theme of the site, for example, flowers, children's toys or stationery.
- Place the center objects of the header. This can be a stylized name for the site, which can be supplemented with a slogan of several words or additional clear and expressive graphic objects.
- Additionally, highlight the central objects using, for example, shadow or mirror effects. This will allow you to get a sufficiently attractive visual result without complicated manipulations for a non-professional.
- Finish by adding the names of the main menu items.
- With the help of ImageReady, included with Photoshop, you can split an image into sections to create links to sections of the site.
As you can see, it is quite simple to make a header for the site and even a non-professional can do it. If you definitely need a professional design, order it from a designer on one of the sites where you can negotiate with a freelancer, for example, free-lance.ru. The cost of such a service can be quite modest.