Many people use Instagram to view profiles of stars, large stores, or just interesting users. Sometimes you want to save a photo from Instagram to your computer in order to add it to your collection
Many people use Instagram to view the profiles of stars, large stores, or just interesting users. Sometimes you want to save a photo from Instagram to your computer in order to add it to your collection, but you cannot do this in the standard way (right-clicking on the photo and selecting the appropriate item). The service developers likewise take care of the copyright of the users to the images. At the same time, it is quite easy to get around this limitation.
Instagram: how to download a photo to your computer
Taking a screenshot
Any device, be it a modern smartphone or a computer, allows you to take a screenshot. On smartphones, to make a screen, most often you need to hold down the On / Off button of the phone. But you need to remember that in this way the entire area of the visible screen will be saved and after that, you need to crop the unnecessary part of the picture.
For a personal computer, the procedure is as follows: open the desired photo and click PrintScreen. This button allows you to take a screenshot, after which you can safely upload the photo to your PC. In addition, using dedicated screen recording software, you can pre-select which area of the screen to save and post-processing is not required.
Save the image from the code
Right-click on the opened photo. Next, in the action menu that opens, select "View Code". A plate will appear at the bottom, where in the upper left corner we click on the mouse icon in the square.
We return to the screen, and we move the mouse over the photo, and when it is highlighted, we click on it. After that, a code with this photo will appear below, in the appeared plate. Find the image, right-click again and select "Open link in new tab".
In the “online” mode, without additional tools, the download is made from the link. In order to implement it, you need to log in to the system and open the post of interest (the procedure should be performed in the Google Chrome browser). Then you need to follow these steps:
- Press the key combination Ctrl + U, after which the HTML-code of the page will open.
- Press the combination Ctrl + F. In the opened code, here define the string containing the "og: image" symbols. It should contain a direct download link.
- Copy the link and open it in a new window. Click “save” and wait for the end of the procedure for copying the file to the selected folder.
- Send to mail. If you enter your own email address in the “share” tab, the photo will be there in an accessible format.
- Save to collection. Thus, you will not be able to get the image in the original format, but it will not be lost. The post will be available at any time if the owner does not delete it.
- Use utilities and browser extensions. The method is great for those who do not want to constantly wonder how to save a photo from Instagram to a computer. In this case, downloading the content you like is carried out in a couple of minutes with one click.
- Use dedicated sites. The resource www.webbygram.com is often used for these purposes. In order to take advantage of its capabilities, you need to click "Sign on with Instagram" and log in.