Instagram was created as a mobile photo sharing application. Of course, the user can view his feed on the computer, like and comment on the posts of other users, but there is no way to add posts. It is still possible to publish photos and videos from a computer, but only with the help of special applications and plugins.
How to add a photo from a computer to Instagram?
For those who use the Chrome browser, it is enough to install a special User-Agent Switcher extension, which allows you to open the mobile version of Instagram.
After installing the extension, you need to go to the menu and select the type of device (iOS or Android). Then go to Instagram.com. A mobile version of the site with a button for uploading photos will open in a browser window.
The functionality of the mobile version is also limited, for example, you cannot upload videos, filters do not work, and you cannot publish a series of photos in one post.
Another extension for Chrome, "Desktop for Instagram", allows you to post photos and short videos and share with them on other social networks, view notifications, comment and like other users' posts.
Use it like this:
- Click on the extension button;
- In the window that opens, go to your Instagram account;
- Reload the page, after which a block in the form of a smartphone will appear. This is the mobile version of the site.
It is worth noting that other browsers have similar extensions, then it is in Chrome that it supports more functions.
Another method is perfect for those who use other popular browsers, for example, Opera or Yandex:
- Go to the Instagram website under your account;
- Open the developer's console, either by pressing the key combination Ctrl + Shift + I, or by clicking anywhere with the right mouse button and selecting the item "View element code".
- In the developer console, click on the icon that denotes the emulation of mobile devices, and in the top bar select the appropriate device (tablet or phone).
- Press F5, after which an icon for uploading a photo will appear on the open Instagram.
The above methods can be more convenient than when the necessary material for publication is "transferred" from a computer to a phone and from it to upload photos or videos.
How to add posts to Instagram from a computer using the official smartphone app
A guaranteed working way to post a photo or video from a computer to Instagram is to install a mobile device emulator. For example, you can download and install "Nox App Player" for free.
After completing the installation process, you need to go to the program, then use the Play Market to download the Instagram application and use it in the same way as on a regular smartphone.
All photos and videos must be moved to a special folder before uploading them to Instagram using the emulator. It is located on the C drive, in the root folder of the Nox App Player program, in the Nox_share \ Image directory.