Twitter is one of the world's most popular microblogging services. Each message in it contains a maximum of 140 characters, but this is quite enough to convey your message to subscribers. Twitter appeared only in 2006, and by January 1, 2011 it had over 200 million registered users. Interesting pages are sometimes difficult to find, but the audience of some Twitter users continues to grow day by day.
Recently, a rating of Twitter was published, which is followed by millions of people. The vast majority of them write messages in English.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has posted over 14,600 tweets. At the moment, 2.59 million people read it. Arnold Schwarzenegger, 38th Governor of California and famous film actor, has significantly fewer microblog messages (3800), but more than 3 million people read it. President of the United States Barack Obama has a record of popularity among foreign politicians. He has 43.2 million followers.
Notable figures in the English-speaking segment of Twitter are:
- American singer, UN Goodwill Ambassador Katy Perry (53, 3 million readers);
- Canadian pop R&B singer, songwriter, musician, actor Justin Bieber (51, 9 million readers);
- American singer, actress, designer Lady Gaga (41.5 million readers);
- American pop diva Britney Spears (37.4 million readers);
- American singer and dancer Justin Timberlake (32.4 million readers);
- American TV presenter, actress, public figure Oprah Winfrey (24, 3 million readers);
- American actor and producer Ashton Kutcher (16, 1 million readers);
- American singer, producer, songwriter Mariah Carey (15 million readers).
Among non-personalized accounts, the leader is confidently held by the American newspaper The New York Times (11, 9 million followers). Since 2007, the page has posted over 136,000 tweets. The American Satirical News Agency began broadcasting on Twitter in March 2008. 29, 1 thousand tweets collected 5.19 million subscribers. News from the world's most popular search engine Google is read by 8, 46 million people. The weekly American magazine The Time also has its Twitter account (5.77 million followers). For 6 years, 84.5 thousand messages were published on the page.
In the Russian-language segment of Twitter, for several years now, Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev has held a confident leadership in terms of the number of subscribers. Since June 2010, he has posted 930 tweets and is read by about 2.33 million people. Comedian Mikhail Galustyan is the second in popularity rating. It was followed on Twitter by 1.99 million users.
Further in the ranking are:
- singer, actress, TV presenter, ex-member of the pop group "VIA Gra" Vera Brezhneva (1.94 million readers);
- TV presenter, actor, musician Ivan Urgant (1, 9 million readers);
- journalist and TV presenter Tina Kandelaki (1.41 million readers);
- humorist, TV presenter, actor Pavel Volya (1.52 million readers);
- writer-satirist, playwright, humorist Mikhail Zadornov (1.31 million readers);
- TV presenter and actress Lera Kudryavtseva (1.06 million readers).
The actor, director, screenwriter, writer Ivan Okhlobystin (930 thousand followers) and journalist, TV and radio presenter Ksenia Sobchak (851 thousand followers) are missing quite a bit before the title of Twitter-millionaire.